January 30, 2017
MSBI Training Syllabus:
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS):
• Introduction to SSIS Packages and Legacy DTS Packages
• Introduction of (BIDS) and Explanation of All tool boxes, Solution Explorer, Package variables a
• Import and Export Wizard, Control Flow and Dataflow tasks
• Control Flow tasks like Execute SQL Task, BULK insert tasks, File System tasks , The FTP Task and Send mail
• Dataflow tasks and transformations introduction
• Data sources, Data transformations, Copy column Transformation, Derived Column transformation, Conditional
Split and Aggregate Transformation, Sort Transformation and Data Viewers.
• Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) Concepts and its Transformations.
• Debugging, Error Handling and Logging
• How to implement Check points.
• SSIS Package Deployment and Package Management like how to schedule package , DTUtil and DTExec
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS):
• Introduction to Data Warehousing, OLTP, OLAP, Star Schema and Snow Flake schema.. etc
• Understanding Dimension Modeling
• Creating Data source and Data source views
• Creating the Cube through Wizard and through UDM.
• Creating Dimensions and Measures in SSAS and how to add those in Cube.
• Partitions and Aggregations Design in cube and Processing Options in cube.
• Key Performance Indicators(KPI) , Perspectives and Translations .
• What is Build , Deploy and process in cube.
• How to do Slice and Dice in the Cube .
• How to retrieve the data in Cube i.e Through MDX .
• Full Coverage of MDX and its functions from Basics to Advanced.
• What is Role and How to give Cube access to a Login.
• Different Options for Deploying a Cube.
• How to take Cube backup and how to synchronize the cube from one server to another server and how to do that
with XMLA query
• How to take the report from Cube in Excel and Power Pivot .
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS):
• What is the Terminology involved in SSRS, SSRS Architecture and how to configure SSRS.
• What is Shared Data source and How to Create an Ad-hoc Report from Wizard.
• Creating Expressions and Conditional Formatting.
• How to Calculate Total and Percentage and how to create Drill-Down reports.
• Creating Report Parameter and Debugging Parameter issues.
• How to create a Basic Matrix Report , Tablix Report and Charts.
• How to Create a Standard and Data-driven Subscription and managing subscriptions.
• Managing Reports, Security and how to use Web-based Report Manager.
For more information please contact system administrator.